Oh my beautiful, sweet baby girl! How is she already three months old? Here I was worrying that this would never come and now I can't believe it's already here. We did lots of fun things the past week and a half (sorry people, it's been busy). Last weekend, GA and I went to a wedding for a family friend, sweet Amanda Dean, who I've known since she was maybe 12? Kyle went to a wedding for a former co-worker of his in Greenville. GA and I had a BLAST!!! I wish we could have stayed longer! I always love when I can spend time with my dad, siblings and especially my mom. I never realized how much my mom loved me....until I had GA. Just imagining that she felt the same way about me that I do about GA....hard to comprehend. I got to see my bff Dee while I was home. That was awesome. She told me all about our high school reunion. I was so sad I couldn't go! It was the same weekend as Brett and Sara's wedding. Monday, there was some confusion at work....and I didn't have to go in! What a fun day! Kyle and I spent a rare day together with sweet Grace Ann. It was so fun. It was also great because I got to watch the first night of the Olympic Swim Trials at home!! This is seriously my favorite time of the year....or of every four years. I get so pumped. Summer Olympics....by far, the best. Kyle surprised GA with a special Team USA treat. She was ready to cheer on the swimmers Monday night....
Cutest baby ever? That's right. We've been cheering on some NC kids....Genevieve Miller, from Winston-Salem, made it to trials this year. It was so exciting to see her name. I've known her for FOREVER because her sister, Ginny and I, have been friends since we were in middle school! Holy cow! She has such a neat family!!! :) Genevieve did awesome!!!! We've also been cheering on Ricky Berens, Matt Patton and Raleigh's Charlie Houchin! Charlie finished fourth in the 400 free, which was sad because he had to be top two to go to London but in the 200 free, he came in sixth. Good news...they take the top six for relays (4x200 free) so he gets to go! I did a phone interview with him for the station right after he made it. There's also a girl from Greenville, Lauren Perdue. I did my first ever "real package" at WNCT on her before Beijing!!! She finished fourth in the 200 free so she's going in a relay too. This is why I love the Olympics. I now have those two people with ties to my work areas...to cheer for next month!!!
As for Grace Ann....she is seriously the best baby ever. She has such a personality. She smiles constantly and is starting to try to laugh....which is hilarious. She isn't too fussy and is very cuddly. I never knew I could love something so much. She despises tummy time....I know it is because she knows she can't roll over yet and gets so frustrated. We took the bassinet out of her pack and play because she is toooo big for it! We tried putting her into the regular part to play and she loves it! I don't know what it is about it but I can lay her down in there and pull it to where I am (it has wheels) so if I am cooking....I can pull it next to the kitchen and I can see her and she can see me. It is great. I'm so grateful for the time I have with her in the mornings. Praise God I work the late shift so half of my day is spent with her. I don't want to miss anything she does. Perfect, precious gift from God. We are so very very lucky.
Here's her personality on display! Enjoy!!!
Had the BEST time with you all, just wish it was longer! Just wait, if you think you love her now? Well, the love keeps growing! I cannot find the words to say how much I love you, Carrie, Katie Grace and Andrew! It is beyond my ability to express it. Imagine how much more God loves us! It is AMAZING, INCREDIBLE! UNFATHOMABLE! I am so blessed and now with Grace Ann, WOW! She is such a joy! It thrills my heart to see hoe you love her and care for her! You and Kyle are wonderful parents! I love you!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete