So......clearly the title is from a popular song right now but I had to laugh about it. It rings true when it comes to my sweet girl! Before I even knew she was coming, I just missed her. I couldn't wait to have a sweet baby....but I had to so I could heal from our miscarriage. I prayed and prayed for this child. There are probably very few babies who are more prayed for than this one. Then, when we found out she was coming....I wanted her here right then! You may laugh but it is true. For nine-ish months....I wanted her here. I couldn't wait! And now that she's here.....I can't believe she's not been here forever. My sweet, sweet girl! We have so much fun with you! That's part of the reason why I'm two weeks behind on this.....because all we do is play! In the past two weeks, we've seen both sides of the family! Granny and Aunt Carrie came to visit last Saturday and we went to see Grandma and Grandpa that Sunday. Then last night, we went to see a bunch of your mommy and daddy's friends from college. You were super grumpy but you were still cute. I have noticed that miss Grace Ann has a bit of a temper. I'm pretty sure I know where she got it...sorry sweet girl :(
We had our two month checkup earlier this week and Grace Ann is growing for real! She is 23 1/2 inches long and weighs 11 lbs 1 oz. She is in the 50% for height and weight but only 25% for her head. How funny. She looks proportional to me! She is almost 100% on breastmilk. We only give her formula before she goes to bed or if we are out somewhere and can't give her milk. We are vaccinated so I am not afraid to take her out in public (closed spaces and such) anymore. But man, she did not like those vaccines. At least we get to wait another two months for the next set.
She is becoming so animated. She is starting to smile all the time and she loves to talk. One of my friend's moms looked at me the other day and asked if I talked to her all the time....because she was just talking away. I do. We chat when I am home most of the time. Grace Ann will know what her feet, hands, head, knees and nose are. She will know what a diaper is and what things are around our apartment. I read somewhere that duh, babies are smarter than you think, and if you keep telling them things like that, they will really know it earlier on. That is my goal. Grace Ann HATES tummy time! Hates it! She loves to lay on her back and is starting to reach across her opposite side. Maybe she'll be rolling over in the next few weeks. But she is already beyond so much fun.
Here's what we've been up to the last few weeks...in picture form.
Winking already!
My first "real" Sunday at church.
This is what I call "the look"
Chillin' at the Farmer's Market
Two months already?
Sweet gummy grin!
Just so cute!
More smiles!
Easily one of my favorite pictures! :)
Goodness! I could not love you more! God is so good! You and Kyle are such good parents! Thanks for my daily picture fixes. Can't get enough of her!
ReplyDelete