It will be really awesome because my goal....is to be in DC for the 4th next year!!!! Then Grace Ann will be 66 weeks old....not just 14! I hope Grace Ann loves July 4th like I do. It really is the best holiday. That could be because I was the nerd who had the states & capitals AND all the presidents memorized in order by the third grade and I am obsessed. Or it could be because my parents grew up in flipping Washington, D.C. and I sorta not-so-secretly would love for GA to grow up there! Kyle DVR'ed the fireworks from DC and Boston for me! I won't lie....I've already watched the ones in DC. Got chills...awesome. That is all. Kyle took her to see his family while I worked....but he brought her by afterward so I could hug and kiss her. She was the cutest July 4th baby!!!
Last week was pretty low key. Hard to believe, yet again, how awesome my child is. But is it really that hard to believe? I mean really....look at me. Just kidding. But she seriously is so awesome. The happiest and most fun baby on the planet. Andrew came to visit us. He had a wedding in the sweltering heat at Southeastern seminary Saturday. He loves GA.
We also got to see two of my very favorite people from college, my bible study leader, Laura, and one of my best friends my freshman year, Jenny. Jenny, ironically enough, was at the same wedding as Andrew. Laura drove from Rocky Mount. It was so wonderful seeing them. They just have the sweetest hearts and pleasant personalities. I am so thankful for the time we had together.
As for Grace Ann...we hit a big milestone this week. I got a call from Kyle Tuesday night at work to tell me she had rolled over from her tummy to her back. He got a video....but I am not sure if he would want me to share it. He got SUPER excited and it was SUPER cute!!! I guess the video was the second best thing. I warned him though....if she walks for him first, I don't want to know about and if I find out....bye bye work. Done. We've tried to get her to duplicate the roll but she won't. It's okay. I just know she can do it. She has plenty of time to remember how. She is grunting now, a ton. She's also making this squealing noise. I think both are hilarious. She still scoots like a champ. She scooted all the way across her crib and hit the rails this week. We're probably gonna have to give in and buy bumpers. I think she'll survive and even though I'm paranoid about her safety....they can't be worse than hitting wooden slats everyday! She still smiles ALL THE TIME and still can't get past the first part of a laugh. So hilarious. I just don't know how it is possible to love something so much, but I do. What a perfect little blessing.
Happy July 4th week!!


No comments:
Post a Comment