Monday, June 18, 2012

Good Times Never Seem So Good....So Good, So Good, So Good.....


It's true......we've had some good times the past 28 years but since GA has been born....doesn't seem like there is anything better than her! We've had a fun and busy week!!! I was ready to get to Thursday from the day the week started. You see, it was wedding week! Some of our good friends, Sara and Brett, got married this weekend and we had some good college friends who stayed with us Thursday night. Kyle came and traded cars with me and then went to the airport to pick up Matt and Ben Warnick! We just love them! Matt and Kyle met through Crusade Matt's freshman year. Ben came to live with Matt his senior year after he graduated from college. It's hard to explain those guys. They are soooo funny. They are from Massachusetts (their town is the home of Yankee Candle...yes, jealous) and they have really dry senses of humor. They were ushers in the wedding. Kyle took GA to the airport with him to get them. They stayed Thurs night with us before getting a hotel. My mom came up for the day Friday to hang out with GA. Kyle had to work until early afternoon. Our friends, Brice and Lauren, also came by on Friday to pick up Matt and Ben before the wedding. It was kinda like a Greenville reunion....and it made me sad when it was over. GA was good as gold all day. Mom got her some more bottles (because she hates some that we have and hates drinking out of them). We also got her those Hawaiian huggies diapers (even though she has to grow into them). My dad also stopped by on the way home from a business meeting in Morehead City. He could only stay for a few minutes....but he got to do everything....feed her, burp her, changer her diaper and play with her! We crammed a lot of stuff in in less than an hour!!!




She slept for a good portion of the rehearsal dinner but when she was awake....she was hilarious. I had a couple of friends try to hold her and she would immediately get fussy but when Brett held her, she was perfect. I had to laugh. Guess it was good timing.

Saturday was the wedding. GA....a little Jekyll and Hyde. She was fun that morning....but had a meltdown right before we left for the wedding. That morning, we went to get Kyle's father's day present, a new watch he'd been wanting. But then, after he left for the wedding (he was a groomsman), she unleashed. She has a total temper tantrum about once a day....usually around 1-1:30pm, when I have to pump. I lay her on the play mat and she flips out. She's gotten really strong and she can push herself off the mat with her heels and her arms (on her back). She gets in really funny positions. We are going to have our hands full when she learns the word "no." Anyway, I prayed and prayed that she would behave at the wedding. Thank you Jesus. She was perfect until after the Sara and Brett had walked out of the church. But then, when we got to the reception, she started being a fuss pot. I'm sure people thought I was a frustrated or mean mom....but by then, I'd had her several hours by myself....with a giant meltdown already under her belt. The good thing is that she settled down about an hour later (after some walking and bouncing) and she was PERFECT! We danced and danced and danced. I couldn't believe she was being so good. It was easy to forget she'd been a grumpy face just a few minutes earlier! Here are some sweet pics of her from the wedding.



I was truly sad when we had to leave. GA is awesome but it is hard to keep up with friends now, as far as seeing them and hanging out, since she's been born. It was so much fun getting to spend time with them.

Sunday was Father's Day....pretty low key. I did run out last night to the hospital to see Grace Ann's new BFF. My best friend Nicole, had her second child Saturday (told you it was a great day), Addison Rose. She is gorgeous with the most hair I've ever seen on a baby! It was so great to see Nicole, Jonathan and little Addy. Grace Ann was a little too small for the hospital still but they will see each other soon! Here's what GA did most of the day yesterday....I must've really worn her out Saturday...



So it's back to work today. Sad times. I wish I could have this much fun every weekend! Good news though....we have another wedding this coming weekend! GA better have on her dancing shoes!! :) Here's to another week with this sweet.....and sassy miracle!












1 comment:

  1. She continues to be more adorable! I loved my mommy time with you and Granny time with precious Grace Ann! I love you all soooooo much!!!!!M!

    ReplyDelete