Seriously, how can you not LOVE that face!?!?! I want to kiss it all the time! I just love that sweet baby girl! 10 weeks? Really? We've done a lot of fun things this week. Mommy and Grace Ann had a special night time date last Monday. Kyle was interviewing for a job so I took GA to Brier Creek Crossing. You see, that is where the Carters store is and they were having a sale. Let's just say.....my child easily has the best baby wardrobe on the planet. I don't just buy for now. I realize where she is on the growth scale so far so I am buying a few things for later....like 6 mos clothes where she'll be wearing them prob in August and won't be done with them until November. She's about a month ahead on clothes.....but some three month stuff....ENORMOUS! I can't figure that one out. Anyways, we had fun. We also went to Target and the Post Office Monday morning. she was a saint the whole time. So proud! :)
Aunt Carrie came to visit this weekend. Saturday, we did the 5K walk in the Triangle Race for the Cure. Want to know how many people were there? It took us 15 minutes to get to the starting line AFTER the race had already started. Now, I was not about doing the Sunday stroll. We were power walkers. We made up MAD time and at the end....poor people we walked by. I would like to apologize for using my baby stroller as a race car. Actually, I would not. It was so refreshing to get out there. And for such a really great cause. GA was a champ. She slept for the first little bit and got a little fussy when she woke up. I carried her for about half a mile and we propped up her seat in her stroller and she was happy again. Fun times....
We also went and saw my grandparents who live on the other side of Raleigh. They are so cute with GA. They just like to look at her. Both times we've been over there, she has basically slept the whole time....which I really don't understand because child does not sleep during the day. One day we'll go over there when she's really active and then they'll see she is even cuter than they think!
Today...we went to church and for the first time since we started going back....we (GA and I) stayed in the service the entire time! She slept for 90% of it but I didn't have to take her out because she never got fussy! YAY! After that, we went to the Farmer's Market restaurant (because Carrie hadn't been) and we met our friend Jeremy. Then, we went over to the Farmer's Market to get some yummy fresh fruit. Mmmmm!!! Then Carrie had to go home. I was sad but I'll see her in two weeks when I go home for a wedding!
Lots of things have been happening this week! Kyle accepted a new job at Barton College. In mid-July, he'll be the new Director of Career Services. It's really exciting. He didn't travel a lot before but this time he won't travel at all. So, it makes me a lot happier. I am very proud of him!!!
As for GA....she has started taking power naps in the morning. They are only about 45 minutes long...but that is long enough for me to pump and take a shower. Thank you JESUS! I hope this continues. She is beyond animated. She and I have all kinds of conversations. We talk about colors and animals and parts of her body (feet, legs, hands, head). She stretches out really far now. She still hates tummy time....but she'll get over it. She smiles all the time and some times she gets worked up and she'll giggle just a little bit. Lord have mercy....I cannot wait til she can really giggle. We will have the best time. What a sweet, sweet blessing my baby girl is! I could not imagine my life without her!!!
Here's a taste of our week with my sweet girl!!
I cannot believe how much she is smiling! I love it! Can't wait for my next Grace Ann and Granny time!
ReplyDelete