Thursday, May 17, 2012

How is my Child This Old?



Holy COW! How is my child that old? Seriously? I am in shock! Can we go back about 8 weeks please? Thanks....

We had a SUPER FUN week last week and so far this week! Last weekend, we made a trip to Winston-Salem! :) Grace Ann was dedicated in our morning service on Mother's Day. It was so special! :) She wore this beautiful smocked dress that Sandy Southern gave us when she found out we were having a girl! And she wore the same shoes I wore when I was dedicated on Father's Day 28 years ago. It was so special! She was beautiful!



It was also my first Mother's Day as a mother and of course, I spent it with my own mother. Couldn't have been more perfect! :) She got me an awesome gift! Back when I was in high school, I got her a necklace for Mother's Day. It was really cool and had a mother with her child on it. Turns out...she liked it a whole lot more than I thought. So this year, my first Mother's Day....she got me the SAME THING! Now we are TWINS! Yes! Except she got the back of mine engraved. So perfect.


The only other thing that would be perfect for Mother's Day....CUPPYCAKES! And that is exactly what Kyle got me! Cupcakes from DC Cupcakes! We finished the last two tonight sadly...they were freaking amazing as usual. They came in the mail the day my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins came to meet Grace Ann! I haven't seen them in seriously months. It was so much fun catching up with them. Georgia, who will turn 13 this summer, made this awesome blanket and pillow for Grace Ann. We have already used it about a bajillion times! :) Grace Ann also met our "other brother" Pete Balthrop and sweet Kolby, Lauren Sikes' little boy who was born in December, as well as Lorelai Miller, Emily Rath Miller's daughter who was born last summer. It was awesome.
 GA meets the Kiblers!

The blanket Georgia made for Grace Ann

CUPPYCAKE YUMMINESS

Meeting "Uncle" Pete

Kolby and GA's first fist bump, haha.

My birthday was Friday....holy cow. I am 28. It's very odd, considering I have vivid memories of things I did when I was 11 and 12 still. It's been a fun 28 years....hopefully there will be way more left! :)

As for Grace Ann....she is becoming so animated for real. She is smiling and squirming way more than the original "squirm worm" name. She likes to bat toys that are hanging from her playmat and when you call her name, she will turn her head that way. She still LOVES bath time. Thank you JESUS! She's sleeping like a champ at night too.....six or seven hours straight. The problem....child does not take naps at all. She likes to play "possum". That's where she acts like she is asleep and as soon as you lay her down....those eyes pop wide open. She could be sleeping on my shoulder for 20 minutes and as soon as I put her down...hello mommy! At least she makes things interesting! :)


I go back to work Monday. Boo hoo for real. Get ready Kyle. I am seriously calling every hour and I will make you put her up to the phone so I can hear her coo-ing, crying or just breathing. I am so beside myself about that day. My heart is just breaking. But I know she will be fine. I keep feeling like I will miss her doing important things but instead, I'm going to tell people NOT to tell me when she does stuff....like roll over or crawl....so that when she does, I can pretend I saw it first. Seriously. 

So as this week comes to a close....some fabulous pictures of the most beautiful 7 week old on the planet. Seriously...she's got everyone else beat!









1 comment:

  1. Oh my sweet girls! I love this newsy blog! Love the pics too! Wish you were here this weekend! I so need some snuggle time with Grace Ann and mommy daughter time with you! I love you all sooo much! Thank Kyle again for the yummy mother's day cupcake! He is so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete