Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Baby's Daddy, Bwahaha!

Happy 28th Birthday to my Lovie!!!
That's right....Kyle Daniel Holliday is 28 years old today. He is my very favorite and without him, there would be no GA...so he is very important. That is my favorite picture of us...the one at the Blackbeard exhibit. We look so ridiculous but that was such a super fun trip. It shows that Kyle can act stupid when I want to and he doesn't get irritated about it. This "picture blog" entry will take you back to the first picture we ever took together when we were just friends all the way through....LOVIES FOR LIFE and beyond!! When we first started dating, I remember all these people having stupid names for their significant others....I was trying to come up with the most ridiculous one I could think of and we were watching the Super Bowl (Bears vs Colts...my team won!) and thought of Bears coach Lovie Smith. I thought....wow, lovie would be a hilariously annoying name but it wouldn't be the typical "sweetheart" or "darling" (gag me). So I decided I would start calling him that as a joke and it stuck. YAY!! Anyways....here's a trip down memory lane...
First pic we ever took together. It was at a graduation party in April 2006, before I graduated. I laughed because I didn't know anyone else who "cheese smiled" like I did.
We took this pic at a random party with Crusade friends. I thought it was funny because we matched.
This picture was taken a few months later at Danny Stiling and Brittany Reis' engagement party! (Still not dating at this point)
This was six months later....at Danny and Brittany's wedding. Definitely dating then.
ECU football in the fall of 2007....
This was at Crusade's Beach Bash in August 2008....we ate at this place called the "Shark Shack." It was pretty good.
This was fall 2008 at a football game. Super close to something I had no idea was coming....and was getting impatient about, haha.
This picture was taken about four months after we got engaged! It is in a frame that our wedding guests signed and it is very special to me.
This was taken at my very favorite ECU sporting event I've ever been to...the ECU/South Carolina baseball game. I had worked the morning show that morning and was working it the next morning but was DETERMINED to see the game. It was epic. We won....in the bottom of the 9th...unbelievable.
LOVIES FOR LIFE! Our wedding day, August 1, 2009. Some people will say the day GA is born will be the best day...but I will always think of this day as my fave. It was so wonderful and just perfect :)
This was in Cancun on our honeymoon. We had such a fun time and did so many neat things....like go to Mayan ruins and snorkel and go into town to WALMART to buy shoes. What an adventure....
This was on a frigid December Saturday afternoon when ECU won the conference championship in football. Another great sporting event pegged in my memory!
This was at our first Easter as married peeps! It was taken during the middle of an epic photo session with my family. Surprised? If you know Barbie...you are not.
This was taken on our first anniversary, after we got locked in the cemetery in Charleston. This might be my very favorite trip we have ever taken together. We had so much fun and walked soooooo far and saw so much cool stuff.
This was taken in the Spring of 2011. We had been through a lot and I think this was the first picture we took in the healing process. It was at some friends' surprise engagement party. It was exactly what we needed...good friends and good fun.
This...last one, people. It was taken in late July 2011. I had a hunch something was up....but did not know yet that it was little Grace Ann! :) 

So happy birthday to my most awesomest Lovie in the WORLD! You are the most fabulous husband and I can't wait for you to teach GA all about Jesus! I am so thankful for you every single day. LOVE YOU!!!! I thank God every time I think of you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Super sweet entry. Grace Ann will be blessed to read this one day!

    ReplyDelete