THREE WEEKS LEFT!!!
Yes, this picture was taken Tuesday....we were less than three weeks til "D Day" and now....we are two weeks and ONE DAY!!! Holy cow!!! Yes, somewhere I have gotten behind on the dates....the dr does them by weeks that start on Wednesdays....but I realized this month....that really, if that was the case, GA would be due the 4th! I guess they just picked a day and went with it....haha. So it has been very confusing for a pregnant person to figure out exactly how far along she is this month. Since GA is due April 1st and that is a Sunday, tomorrow is two weeks out! Holy cow! I actually feel prepared. Praise the LORD! We had our last two showers last week! One of them, thrown as a surprise by my coworkers! It was so fun! They tricked me into thinking I was going to lunch with just one of them (which I was super excited about) and then it turned into a PARTY (which was wayyy super exciting). They had fruit and chikinfila nuggets....yummy!!! One of my coworker's moms made a diaper cake with all these cute things on it and it was too cute not to share....
The pic clearly does not do it justice.
I also got all kinds of toys and cute clothes and blankets and cleaning stuff for GA! :) Then Sunday, we had a shower at Kyle's church in Jamesville. It was super fun too. I made Kyle open all the presents, while I just sat up there in the rocking chair vegging, haha. Felt that it was only fair....I had opened most of the presents up until that point! :) We got diapers (praise Jesus), cute toys and stuffed animals and some other awesome stuff. One of the most fantastic gifts is from our friend Megan Davenport Self. She grew up with Kyle and now lives in Raleigh with her husband. When we were looking for a church last summer, she suggested we go to Providence Baptist, which is where they go. It was a great suggestion :) She is a high school science teacher but has this awesomely artistic side to her left brain.....seriously. She has a side business where she makes letters and pictures and other stuff and they are awesome. So....she told me a while back she was going to make GA some letters for her name. Again, the picture doesn't do them justice because it's from my phone but seriously...they came out so fantastic!!
See? Unbelievable!
Now it's Kyle's job to put them on the wall over the crib :) The clock is ticking, haha. Other than that, we've been dealing with swollen feet and ankles, bwahaha. It is hilarious. I just laugh. Good news is my hands are not swollen and I can still wear my rings, wooohooo!! So now I just joke because I've never seen ankles as big as mine in my life! Ha! Good news is...they go away a week after GA comes! The left ankle tends to swell more than the right but I can still wear all my shoes and my blood pressure is perfect so it's just one of those things! :)
GA is still moving around....but not nearly as much. She'll be very still or very stealth with her movements. One second there will be no knee popping out of my right side and then all of the sudden....BAM! Insanity. At least twice a day, she'll freak out and move around nonstop for about two minutes. Then, it's back to stillness, haha. She is a strange little girl. But I am strange so seriously....we all know she will be awesome. Ha! :)
I just can't believe she will be here in two weeks! Wow! I remember back in August....thinking we had such a LONG way to go....and yea, that flew by! I would like to thank GA for deciding to come in March/April/early spring. It's been a gorgeous winter in my opinion, haha. But if the fact that it's already in the 70s and 80s is indicative of things to come....praise the LORD I am not going into summer 8 or 9 months pregnant! :)
So come on when you want to Grace Ann (except within 4 days of your dad's birthday on March 24th) because we are ready for you! :) I just want your dad to be able to enjoy his special day....he is getting old... :)



Well Granny is getting ready to meet my precious Grace Ann! Hoping she will come after the 29th but really just want her arrival to be healthy and happy. God is so good! There is nothing like the blessing that you, Amy, and your siblings are, have been and will continue to be. I am so blessed beyond words and pray for Grace Ann daily. Enjoy this time of anticipation. Treasure it all!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow, I don't know if I can handle all those great words about me! I'm so glad you like the letters. I posted some pictures of GA's letters on my Picasa site:
ReplyDeletehttps://picasaweb.google.com/115138775387302476644/PaintByLettersJuly20112012#