I may as well add week 36 to this to since we are 24 days away from Grace Ann's due date! Holy cow! :) I guess I should apologize for not posting last week but really.....I have been so unbelievably busy I've hardly stopped moving....and it's showing! First, we had a baby shower in Winston-Salem with my very favorite people on the planet at the end of February. Yes, I am biased. I have known most of these people since I was born, which makes them my favorites. Others are my best friends who came and of course, BFFs are clearly favorites! We got TONS of clothes and beautiful blankets and stuff for GA's crib! Sooooo exciting! Then, that week, dad and Andrew came to Raleigh with GA's nursery furniture! You have to understand, this has been a source of pure torture to me. We bought this nursery set for a STEAL of a price from a little boutique in Winston-Salem. Dad kept talking about how much room it was taking up in the garage, where we'd been storing it in W-S. I kept getting so worried that not all the pieces would fit in our second bedroom and had mini meltdowns over it for weeks. The good news, it all fits perfectly AND there is room for other things if we want something in there, like a rocking chair, which will eventually makes its way into the room. Here's a sneak peek of the work in progress nursery....
One side of the room!
Another side!
Last side!
Super fun! :) We spent Saturday and Sunday putting things together and washing clothes and filling the drawers! Grace Ann, we are ready for you! :) You will not need another outfit for the first nine months of your life! Here is proof of the fabulous friends we have!!
That's just a sneak peek!
While baby brother Andrew was here, we introduced him to the Farmer's Market restaurant for breakfast. Hilarious. He was in heaven. Now, I will tell you, if you ever go and are considering the pancakes or "hot cakes", word to the wise....one is MORE than enough! They are as big around as my stomach is right now! It's INSANE! My favorite part though, is that we went to the DOUBLE DECKER Chickfila at Cameron Village! It was so cool....I had to take a pic. Duh.
Clearly, it was cool. Duh. They have these conveyor belts that bring food from the big building, across to the drive thru's...which are kinda detached from the rest of the restaurant.
Then Monday, we went to tour the hospital! Oh boy!!! Our tour guide lady was...interesting. We were with about six other couples....I will brag for a minute. We were the furthest along in the group. BUT, some of those girls were MUCH bigger than I was and already soooo swollen. I felt so blessed that the only swelling I can complain about are my ankles and feet. Stupid things....but still. I can wear my wedding rings and my other rings and I can only see a slight difference in my face...a little rounder. Anyways, back to the tour guide lady....she tried to give us a terrible analogy of how giving birth is like shooting a free throw. Needless to say, I am glad that I am a bigger football fan than a basketball fan.
Tuesday (see people, I told you it's been nuts), we went to the dr for our 36 week checkup. Blood pressure is excellent...duh. It's been perfect the whole time. Her head is down which means......virtually no chance of a c-section. That was calming to me. And we haven't dilated yet, which means GA is just happy chilling right now.....and that is okay with me! :)
That meant I had NO problem driving to Greenville yesterday! I had a lunch reunion with two of my favorite former co-workers, Carissa and George. Carissa doesn't work at NCT anymore either....so it was good to catch-up and find out how the newsroom was! I miss those people soooo much! After that, I had to go see everyone at the station (duh). I love reunions! And I had to pick up some stuff from their main female anchor, Amanda. She is a God-send. She hooked us up with so much wonderful stuff. She had a little boy last year and already has a little girl and says she is done having kids. The most wonderful thing she gave me was her Medela electric breast pump. What a blessing! I had stressed out about how we would afford a $300 pump, along with everything else (having a baby is expensive) and God just provided! Unbelievable! I can NEVER thank her enough for her generosity. Holy cow!!!
After that, Kyle's office at Barton College threw us a baby shower. They were so sweet! We got some very sentimental gifts and a LOT of bath/cleaning stuff. Hallelujah! I will not have to buy another Johnson & Johnson item until she is TWO! Yay!



No comments:
Post a Comment