Yes, I am that mom! You know....the one who gets their baby everything and can't say no? Holy cow. I don't know what is going to happen when she's old enough to ask. I am the one who latches on to one thing....and to make it uniform....gets all the big things in the same brand. Ours of choice....Baby Einstein. See below:
First it was the playmat
Then the turtle
Then the treasure chest
And now....the exersaucer.
I realize my child is spoiled but seriously...I have never seen more colorful and fun toys in my life. The good news....there's really only two more things I want to complete my...I mean, Grace Ann's selection. The only drawback.....is that I sing and whistle every single one of the songs....24/7.
Enough about the toys.....BIG things are happening in the Holliday house! Grace Ann is rolling. No, not front to back (although she accidentally did that three times) but back to front. We first did this last Wednesday. I was cleaning and saw her grabbing onto her octopus on her playmat and pulling herself to the side. Then I turn around just as she is using her legs to swing herself to her right and on her side...then all the way onto her tummy. Holy cow. Then this weekend....it really caught on. Insanity. Her favorite game....lay on back, roll over, cry for mommy to roll her back to her back, and start all over again. For the love! Need proof? Here ya go!
Yes. Hilarious. I DID have a nervous breakdown the other night when she did it in her sleep. I have desperately done everything I could to prevent SIDS. It's probably close to my worst nightmare. But now that she is rolling....I really can't control how she sleeps. It has really been a faith-building thing for me. She's done it two nights now....and both nights....we've had to get up to roll her back over. Sunday night it was around 4:15am. Last night...it was about 6am. Both times...she rolled over and couldn't get herself back. I know she will be fine. She is the strongest thing....good grief. My mom reminded me that we went to sleep on our stomachs from day one....and I mean....look how I turned out? Bwahaha.
Last week, my dad came and watched Grace Ann Wednesday. My mom came Thursday and stayed til Friday night. I wish I could have spent more time with my dad. It was so much fun hanging out with my mom and Grace Ann. We went and saw my grandparents and Grace Ann was FINALLY awake for them. She was soooo much fun!!! We took pictures with them and GA....
After that....mom and I took her to Chikinfila for Cow Appreciation Day. I will spare you our ridiculous looking pics but we did try and jazz up GA's car seat!
Saturday we laid low and Kyle's parents came to visit Sunday. I was sad to see the weekend end....but now that I'm a mom....I'm always sad the weekend ends! Haha! Grace Ann and I have some fun things planned this weekend though! Kyle is in DC for a bachelor weekend with some good friends. Boys....if you are reading this....it is not an option. I expect Georgetown Cupcakes when you return. I have my lists ready for Kyle depending on which day you go. I am super jealous that Kyle will be in my fave city....but good news, we will be there in October for Marcus' wedding!!! I can't wait! But GA and I are going to have a fantastic weekend! :)
I will leave you with pictures of my favorite girl! Love her! Can't believe I am soooo blessed!


She is a holy roller! LOL!
ReplyDeleteYay Grace Ann! I cheered when she rolled all the way over! :)
ReplyDelete