Friday, April 27, 2012

Mommy's Munchkin or Monster?

4 WEEKS!!

ONE MONTH!!


Yes, we are OLD this week!! Two big milestones! Monday...we turned 4 weeks old and Wednesday...we hit the month mark! Already? I can hardly believe it! Despite the up-all-night feeling and the scream sessions....it doesn't feel like it has been that long! We have established some things. I have finally figured out, I think, what her cries mean. Praise the LORD! Although the one that means "I am in pain" is the one we hear frequently. It's my fault. I was not given the "I can burp my baby like a champ" gene. Even though she burps every time I feed her, apparently it is not good enough and those mean gas bubbles get stuck in her tummy. :( It's so sad.

Also, we've developed two personalities: mommy's munchkin or mommy's monster. Monster is mostly reserved for when she stays awake for hours on end and I can't pump or get anything done....or when she screams for eternity over nothing, just because she can. MOST of the time she is the munchkin but sometimes, the monster comes out. It does make for a good laugh though when I say "Mommy's Monster" and my own mother tries to scold me. I know I was a monster, don't hate. You are just jealous you didn't come up with the awesome alliteration name. :)

Last weekend, Grace Ann and I took our first big trip.....to Winston-Salem. Kyle had an open house at Barton Saturday and it was KG and Carrie's birthday weekends AND Andrew's last prom. GA was DEFINITELY a munchkin...more like a MIRACLE on the way to and from Winston-Salem. She was good as GOLD! I was so worried because it was such a long drive and I was by myself and I prayed to God she wouldn't get fussy or freak out on the two-hour ride. She was perfect. Even after I had to stop halfway both times to stretch out her neck muscles...she didn't flinch. Praise the LORD! We had fun that weekend....here are some highlights:

 GA and Grandad

 I LOVE this picture of Andrew and GA

 Granny got GA to stop crying, of course.

Happy Birthday Aunt Carrie!
Happy Late Birthday Aunt KG!

Needless to say, it was so fun and I cried like a baby for about 25 minutes on the ride back to Raleigh. Good news is....we'll be back there for Mother's Day! WOOHOO!! It will be so special to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom, with my own mom! :)

In other news, my child makes the funniest faces. I have been chronicling her daily growth...or showing off her wardrobe depending on who you ask...on facebook. It's a way to keep my family members connected when they are so far away. I have two albums with more than 150 pictures in them. This could get bad, quickly. Ha. But.....while taking pictures, I have noticed she is extremely animated. I will leave you this week with a few of my favorites over the first month of Grace Ann's life. Enjoy...








2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I love all the faces! I'm also really loving the chronicling. It's nice to hear REAL stories of motherhood, since my knowledge is primarily based on sitcoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Elizabeth, I would not have called you a monster (I might have thought it but I would never have said it!). LOL! I love that sweet girl! Your post is almost as funny as the comments you put under her pics!

    ReplyDelete