Monday, May 7, 2012

I Love my Sweet Girl




Yes, you saw that correctly. My child is six weeks old today. What the heck? I'm not sure how this happened so quickly. I'm sure some of you are saying "just wait til you hit a year". That, I am not ready for. She is a ball of fun! She's slowly learning how to use all of her things like the swing, playmat and boppy. If I have to wash bottles or pump or do something like that, most of the time I can put her in/on one of the three and she will be content for five minutes. I know a baby cannot have ADHD but seriously, she has the attention span of a snail. I don't honestly know what their attention spans are but I would guess not long. GA loves to look at things...for five minutes tops. One time I did get her to hang out on the playmat with the singing and light up thing for 15 minutes. It was a record.

She is very active but she doesn't like to be out of my arms for too long during the day. During tummy time, she gets sooo frustrated because she tries to pull her legs up underneath her, but she's not quite strong enough to do that yet. You can see her using her fingers and toes to try and move forward but all you hear are them scraping against the mat, haha. One day it will happen. I hope it happens when I am home.

I have been struggling over the past few weeks with going back to work. I have two weeks left. Two very short weeks. It makes me cry just thinking about it. I'm not going to lie. I don't want to go back. I don't want to have to leave her in the afternoon and miss everything that she does at night. It is already heartwrenching and I haven't left for a day. Maybe one day I will be able to stay home. I used to always say I could never do that because I would be bored but honestly, she is so active, there is NO WAY I would be bored. She is just so much fun.

Anyways, enough about that. Last Saturday (as in not two days ago, the one before that) we went to Kyle's parents for the day. It was a lot of fun. It was the first time his aunts and uncles had seen GA. They were super excited. This weekend, we are going back to Winston-Salem, except this time Kyle is going with us. We are having Grace Ann dedicated at Calvary on Mother's Day. It's very special for me because it's my first Mother's Day with my mom, as a mom. I cannot WAIT! It's been three weeks since we've been there and I am DYING to go back! I'm also super excited because it is my birthday weekend and I am getting my hair cut as a present to myself. Yes, laugh it up. But, it's been a year since I've gotten it cut and I am ready to chop off a TON of it....because it feels like it weighs a TON! I'm sure I will have PLENTY of pictures to share next time! :)

For now, I will leave you with some favorites over the past week.....of the most beautiful baby girl on the planet....














2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy! I love your blog. I totally feel you on the stay @ home mom thing. I never thought I could do it, but since Connor has arrived my heart longs to be a stay @ home mom. I will pray God opens the door for you & me! Blessings, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Amy, I love you so much! I am so ecited to celebrate your first mother's day as a mommy with you. I will never forget how special my first one was with you! You know I never wanted to go back to work. I laugh when you assured me you would not be able to stay home because you would go stir crazy, well I knew better! Grace Ann is your gift from God and as long as you trust His wisdom and guidance, you will be fine! God is faithful. My life verse is Psalm 37:3,4. Meditate on that, He has never let me down! Thank you for puttings pictures up everyday, this Granny loves them! I cannot wait to see you, my baby and my precious grand baby this weekend! I love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!

    ReplyDelete