Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things I've Learned in Three Weeks...

I know....she is seriously the cutest baby ever!

Three and a half weeks ago...there was no Grace Ann. Three and a half weeks later...there is and I feel like I am the furthest thing from a mom. This overconfident, smart and at times, arrogant person has turned into a second guessing, sleep-deprived and skittish mother. There's a whole lot I have learned in the past three weeks.... Here goes:

- My mom is the smartest person I know. Seriously. I am not sure it's possible to love her more than I did but I do.

- What is sleep? Once you have a child, you forget about it.

- Easiest way to throw an un-medicated ADHD person for a loop? Give them a baby....no way to schedule ANYTHING!

- My sisters are hilarious....no seriously.

- There's nothing on tv at 2pm or 2am

- Crying? There's lots of it...from me and my baby.

- I will never get the 574113695223645 thank you notes done!

- It's tough to get on a regular pumping schedule.
- Snuggle time is irreplaceable.

- I don't know how people have done this three or four times.

- I despise water worse than I did before I was pregnant.

- The cure for a headache? More baby screaming.

- Babies make the funniest faces....seriously.

- A shower a day is a blessing...

- Once you have a child, you'll probably never straighten your hair again.

- Pictures are more important than ever....especially when your family lives far away.

- God seriously gives you patience as a mom. I had none before. Now I have a little.

And I will leave you with some of my favorite pictures of the week.....







3 comments:

  1. Your authenticity is to be admired.. I have enjoyed reading about your journey.. And you seriously are incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You are a great mom! Welcome to motherhood! Thank you for taking pictures for me everyday! I love seeing her! She is such a joy to me....I hate that she is far away..well for me anyway, LOL! I cannot wait to see you both. I need some snuggle time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a cutie and you're doing a great job as a mommy.

    ps- I gave your mom some of Avery's newborn headbands today ;) tehehe

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete