So last week we were fighting the "crud". This week, it came with brutal force....and intends to stick around for a while. I went home to see my family this weekend and ended up staying on the couch with a box of tissues next to me. Boo. I thought I was better Tuesday and went to read Gingerbread Pirates to my mom's K-1 class. Awesome book people. Pirates and Christmas, seriously, it doesn't get better. I managed to not cough up a lung while reading....or sneeze on little kids. They were fun. Here is proof that I looked like I was feeling better.
Precious little Pirate kids!
22 weeks!!
I even went out with my mom to the store in search of a dress for my sister's graduation. Note to people who are not/have not/but plan on getting pregnant. Do NOT think that you will look like the girls in the pictures wearing the maternity dresses. Pregnant models are the same as real models. Unless you look like Heidi Klum, you will need a little help. Needless to say, we found some that are very appropriate and flattering.
But then......I woke up this morning....or really four times last night.....hacking away. So much for feeling better. Amy + Brick Wall = Not fun. I ended up going to the dr because I had a slight temperature and didn't know if it was a cold or something worse. It was bronchitis, which usually is not debilitating. Tell that to a pregnant person. Not good. The good thing is that I got to hear Grace's heartbeat while I was there. The dr tried to listen and she seriously was playing tag or something because she squirmed like no other!!! Problem....I can't take any meds so sweet Kyle went and bought a humidifier and I have been laying on the couch all night with the thing right in front of my face. We'll find out how well it's working in the morning. Boo.
Good news....either Grace is going to be a gymnast (if she has my height) or a swimmer because she has been moving and kicking and rolling around ALL DAY LONG ever since we left the dr. Little squirm worm, she is nuts. I love her so much and can't wait to see her sweet face!!! :)
My class loved hearing you read to them! You are a good pirate..arrrrgggg! I love you and Grace Ann!
ReplyDelete