Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Ride for Baby Grace

30 weeks!!

Yup! We are less than two months away (seeing as though it's Feb 2nd and Grace Ann is due Apr 1st) and it's hard to believe!!! We've had a crazy few last days and made a big purchase just yesterday. You see, we were coming back from church Sunday when my check engine light started flashing (which concerned me for obvious reasons). We pulled off on the closest exit and when I put my foot on the brake, the car started shaking. Sad times. So basically I took it to the shop and found out all six spark plugs were shot, spark plugs we got 10 months ago. Apparently the bigger issue was that oil from the seal was leaking onto the plugs and corroding them. AKA...in "non-mechanic" speak....when the oil seal goes....the "problem" would cost more than $1,000 for the plugs and then the seal. We decided, quickly, but sadly, the Toyota, with 215,512 miles....had to go. We had been just kinda looking around and found a car we liked but then decided....it was crunch time. After weighing the options and taking a test drive....we got the car. It's a 2008 Ford Focus. It's smaller than my Toyota....but it has a huge trunk, can hold a baby seat with no problem and still has leg room. Plus, some other features my '97 didn't have. 

I was very sad to leave my car. It was so great.

The new ride.... 6 1/2 hours later. I was pooped!

So there it is. Grace Ann will come home from the hospital in a new (to us) car. Kinda exciting. I won't lie. I did cry when I left the parking lot. Blame it on pregnancy or the fact that I loved that old car. Grace approved. She said it was okay. 

Now to the baby! She is getting so big and crazy. Apparently, she is between the size of a cucumber and a pineapple. Well, I find the cucumber odd because that is too skinny to be a baby. A pineapple is really prickly (I do not like them) and she hasn't been prickly, just jabby. So, I think she is more the size of half a loaf of bread. Do not ask how I came up with that, I am pregnant and have weird ways of deducing things. She weighs nearly four pounds. Craziness! We will be touring the hospital soon, I do not want to take any chances, ha.

I am looking forward to going home to see my family this weekend. I haven't been home since Christmas, and you guys know that like 6ish weeks is wayyyyyy too long for me to be away! Haha! Kyle can't come because he has to work so we will miss him. But don't worry, we'll be home in time to watch the Super Bowl! Kyle is NOT cheering for the Giants. But seriously, I cannot cheer for Shady Brady and Bellicheat. Seriously. But I will NOT cheer for Hakeem Nicks (fmr. ewwwNC player, haha) . So.....go Eli and Victor Cruz! :)

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new ride :) i remember at 30 weeks thinking i couldn't possible get any bigger... but i did!!!

    congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are coming Sat. And leaving Sun??? Not long enough!

    ReplyDelete