Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Week for Love!!!

32 weeks!!

Happy week of love people! There are lots of things I love. I love Jesus, Kyle, Grace Ann, my family, my friends, my team....there is so much to love! I always feel like it is so easy to get caught up in the frustrations that come everyday. It's so sad how easily the devil can maneuver his way into everything. This week is a great reminder of that. I got to spend the weekend with Kyle doing nothing....and I mean nothing. He had to work Saturday and so I just laid in bed and watched tv. I think we did dishes, laundry and made tea. That was it. Oh we went to the grocery store. That was it. It was so nice. Grace was throwing jabs so it would have been uncomfortable to do really anything...what a stinker. Sunday, we went to church and then had lunch with a dear friend, Jeremy. Then we came home and did nothing, haha. Again, it was fabulous and relaxing. I know these weekends will be few and far between when the baby comes. I am thankful for them. 

Then yesterday...that day where everyone buys stuff for people and tells them they love them. I told Kyle not to get me anything because we just got a car and he told me the same but seriously...I love giving presents and I guess it's a good thing. I got to work yesterday and saw this yummy treat:
YUMMY!!!!

Seriously people....way better than flowers. It was the perfect Amy present....fruit, fruit and it looks cute!! :) I promptly went and ate the strawberries and grapes on one side. It was worth it! I got Kyle a lame gift.....a shirt and tie. Don't judge. Today, I ate a bunch of grapes and strawberries from the other side...yum, yum, yum. I was selfish too. I didn't share them with anyone at work, haha. Sorry people. Pregnant woman needs her nutrients :)

Hard to believe that this time in two months....we will have someone else in our family. Holy cow. I feel so overwhelmed but excited at the same time. I feel like we are finally getting stuff together. We are touring the hospital in two weeks and are starting to have some showers. That makes me excited. I have some great friends at work and at my old work who are hooking us up with stuff so I don't have to buy those things. What a blessing it is. It is really helping calm my nerves. You know how I can get so worried about what's going to happen in six weeks instead of enjoying what is happening right now. It's a great reminder to sit back and know that everything will be okay. :) 

I am reminded of Hannah and how she prayed for Samuel. I pray that I can be like her....

1 Samuel 1:27-28
 "I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give this child to the Lord. For it's whole life the child will be given over to the Lord."

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy this time, it is fleeting, but oh you cannot begin to imagine the blessings to come! You will reach a whole new level in LOVE. A deeper understanding and appreciation of God's precious gift!

    ReplyDelete