Yeah....pretty much gonna own the title of "World's Worst Blogger"
I blame Grace Ann. I've been having wayyyy too much fun with her. She is changing so quickly and getting so strong. Today....she was hyped up on something. She kept furiously (as in fast) crawling from one thing to another, standing up, then trying to stand by herself. Then dropping down...going to the next thing and repeating and so on. She is a quick mover. I love this child. We've been super busy since the last blog. We (Kyle and I) have been to three football games since the last blog. Go Pirates! Bowl bound! We also went to see Kyle's family several times. I finally got a trip in to see mine this past weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to Thanksgiving. I have the whole week off and it will be great. I am getting my hair cut and relaxing. Maybe I can talk a family member into getting up with GA so I can sleep in. Or not because I seriously feel terrible when I do that.
So where to start......the big thing that was missed during this was our friend Marcus' wedding in DC! He married a sweet girl named Suzanne. We met Marcus at ECU and he has been a great friend ever since. We took time off work to be a part of his special day. Thursday before, we went to my Aunt Jo's house in VA and stayed the night....my cousin's daughters and wife and my uncle got to meet GA. Then we went to DC! We stayed with the Olsons....Mark was the best man in my parents' wedding. I love them. They live just outside of DC so it was verrrry convenient and so helpful. We had the best time with them. GA was showing off like mad. I hadn't seen Linda since my wedding and I hadn't seen Mark since before we knew GA was coming! The day of the wedding I walked Grace Ann all around Capitol Hill. She was really squirmy at the rehearsal and I did not want to chance an outburst because she was being "contained". The weather was perfect! The next day we did the monuments tour with GA. But first.....you can't make a trip to DC and not go to Georgetown Cupcakes. GA loved it (at least that is what I will tell myself). I loved it. The girls from the show were doing a shoot outside when we got there. Then we toured the monuments. I tried to teach GA some stuff along the way but who knows.... We'll def be back when she can remember. Good news...they had already refilled the reflecting pool and it wasn't algae-fied. Thank you Jesus. I wish we'd had days to do all the fun stuff I wanted to do. Oh well. Then we met my aunt and cousin's girls at a Pumpkin Patch outside of Fredericksburg and got GA her first pumpkin! :) I was sad that weekend had to end :(
We also had our first Halloween!! GA was a cupcake (how fitting). Thanks Aunt Katie for the costume! It was super cute. I mean....not a cuter baby...
I mean really? She even made an appearance on NBC 17 News at 11 that night! Don't worry. It is DVR'ed for the time being! The costume was hilarious. She didn't complain about it one bit! What a trooper!
Other than that, we've just been watching Grace Ann grow! She's crawling way past full speed now. She FINALLY has a tooth coming in. For the LOVE!!! She can stand and cruise against furniture. She's getting more adventurous and pulling her hands away to balance by herself. She also likes to push toys.....as in stand up and push them. Yup. Walking with assistance I believe is what they call it. Good news is....she didn't beat the Amy Kibler record which was standing and walking by myself at 7 1/2 months. She likes to talk and feel textures. She loves to rip pages in magazines (sorry Granny) and read her board books. She eats pretty well for having no teeth. Her favorites are Apple Blueberry (mommy's favorite), Carrots, Apple Banana Pear, Peas, Bananas & Squash. She's still getting mostly milk but I am afraid that is slowly coming to an end. :( I think mommy is more sad than GA. She has been a bad sleeper lately. I guess we were spoiled when she slept through the night at 10 weeks. Some nights she sleeps and others, she doesn't. Oh well.
She is such an incredible blessing. I don't know what I would do without her. I know that I was beyond lazy before GA. I still don't know how I filled all the time. Oh well. Here's a little snapshot of the last six (I know, ridiculous) weeks!!
She is the happiest baby I have ever seen! Granny never minds staying up with her! I am so thankful for the precious gift that Grace Ann is to us all! You and Kyle are wonderful with her! Cn't wait to see her again! Granny loves you Grace Ann!!!!!
ReplyDelete