Thursday, September 27, 2012
Six Stellar Months
YES! SIX MONTHS!! And seriously? Did I really last blog 17 days ago? What the heck? It feels like I did last week. FOR THE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, my child is halfway to one year old. Not possible. I feel like we were just learning how to roll over yesterday (which was really 2 1/2 months ago). I almost shed a tear yesterday (the official 6 month-a-versary) but I kept my composure. We have done so many things in the past 17 days! We are super creepy crawling...across rooms and blankets, the crib, mommy and daddy's bed and the couch. It's insane. We also like to pull up on everything. We will be standing (without leaning on the couch) in no time. Holy moly.
We had our 6 month shots today. Not.Fun.At.All. But GA did pretty well!!! She weighs a whopping 15 pounds 6.5 ounces (40th percentile) and is 25.3 inches long (35% percentile). My skinny minny shorty. Poor child. If she had aspirations of being a basketball player, I will cheer her on and pray to the Lord she finds some kind of height later on down the road. The dr (new one we hadn't seen yet) couldn't believe how active she was. She was trying to crawl across the table thingy (which was hilarious bc the doctor had no clue what to do about it). Silly child. Love my girl.
We are eating all kinds of food now. Our favorite is still carrots. But now we like combos...like strawberry apple banana and apples & prunes. Sweet potatoes, squash, apples and bananas are still yummy. She's really liking the spoons too. Guess it has been an easy transition from milk to rice/milk to food. But everything else has been pretty easy so I don't know why I was thinking it would be hard.
GA is now a better napper. For the past 10 days...she has taken decent naps during the afternoon with the babysitters. Praise the LORD! I knew this child needed sleep! She still sleeps about 9-10 hours during the night. She has learned that she makes the noises she makes...and will then make more noises...which is hilarious. She also lifts her arms up when you get down to pick her up. I love it. She LOVES being outside. We got a new hammock from REI (because ours dry-rotted, ew) and we spend a lot of time out on it. She is in love. She likes swinging so she can see her reflection in the sliding glass door. She also likes to stand on my legs while we swing and see behind me. It's also a good "go-to" sleep spot if I think she needs a quick nap.
We are so blessed to have her in our lives. The only thing I remember about life before GA was more sleep and being soooo lazy. What was wrong with me? Now, I can't sit still because she keeps me on my toes. She is the most perfect gift from God. I can't imagine what the next six months....six years...six decades (I can shoot high) will be like and I can't wait! :)
A little sneak peek over the past couple of weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment