Saturday, March 5, 2011

Full of Surprises!

So.....the biggest surprise of our lives came about two weeks ago....when we found out we are having a BABY! Those of you who are reading this now....you will notice these first few posts have been written with only a select few knowing about our "rascal". "Rascal" is our baby, who at six weeks, is the size of a lentil (thank you babycenter.com). Right now, Rascal's head, arms, legs, ears and eyes are all starting to form. You may be wondering, why "rascal". Well, this baby living inside of me is a real thing. I cannot call the baby "it" because clearly, the baby is not an alien. It is a precious gift from God. So, until we find out whether Rascal will be wearing pink or blue, the baby will be known as "Rascal". Don't judge. :-)

We were not planning on trying to expand our family from two to three for another year, but God had other, perfect plans. It's especially a miracle since I have hypothyroidism and my doctor told me, even if we were trying, it could be hard to conceive. Well, we had no trouble...even with what is supposed to be 99.9% effective. Those of you who know me know I started freaking out right away. Partially because I was thrilled, scared and well, because I was worried about how ADHD Amy was going to function for nine months without ADHD meds.

I am pleased to tell you, so far after two weeks of no meds, I have gained probably five pounds (yes, those rumors about Adderall being an apetite supressant are true) but I am not even worried about that. What a small price to pay for a precious gift and blessing. Work so far.....my scatterbrained-ness is back in full force. Those of you who know me, again, know that I thrive under pressure and as with many type A people, have neurotic tendencies, like making random lists and being OCD about some things. But, I actually think this break from the meds is good for my creativity. I feel like I am more laid back, silly and fun to be around. (Kyle may not agree, poor thing. He is so patient....like Job.)

So, in short, most of you will be reading this for the first time in about 5-6 weeks but I knew I would forget stuff if I didn't start writing now.

Regardless of what my plans are, Gods are so much bigger and perfect. Rascal is truly a blessing and I cannot wait until I get to meet Rascal. God already knows what she (or he) is going to look like, what she (or he) is going to be great at, and what she (or he) is going to grow up to be.

Psalm 139:13-14, "...you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...".

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is the proud and excited grandmother! God is sooooo good! Praying this gift will grow to be a man/woman of God who loves the Lord and seeks to honor Him in all that they do! I love you Amy and Kyle and am counting the days!!!

    ReplyDelete